Chest-Down Good Morning Exercise
Start with a very light weight to get comfortable with the motion.
And definitely avoid this exercise if you have lower-back problems.
Do each rep slowly and steadily, without bouncing.
How to perform the Chest-Down Good Morning Exercise:
- Stand holding a barbel across your shoulders, as if you were going to do a squat. Make sure you have a tight grip on the bar.
- Now tuck your chin down as you bend forward at the waist and hips.
- Move downward slowly and carefully.
- Inhale as you raise back upwards. Repeat.
Avoid Hamstring Strains
Here is a stretch to practice to avoid any excessive strain on your hamstrings.
Good Morning Exercise
Stand with your feet hip-width apart and arms crossed in front of your chest. Hinge at hips, lowering your torso until it is parallel to the floor. Engage glutes and back of thighs to slowly return to standing. Do 15 reps.
You may also find of interest...
- Dead Lift Exercise
- The Plank Exercise (Abs and Back)
- Bent-Over Rows Exercise
- Push and Touch Exercise - Works shoulders and upper back for great definition...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.