Biceps Curl Exercise
Bicep curls are great because you can do them anywhere, with just about anything. Plus, they strengthen your arms and build up your muscle mass.
Dumbbells are the most common item used to do bicep curls, but you can also use an EZ bar (especially for women), cables, a preacher bench, bicep curling machine or even a soup can.
A variation of this exercise can be performed using a barbell, by bending forward and pulling the barbell towards the chest. With the barbell, you work both biceps at the same time.
While doing your bicep curls, ensure your elbows remain stationary and to the sides of your body during the entire exercise.
If using a bar, the bar should be moved with a smooth action with no jerky movements.
How to perform the Biceps Curl Exercise:
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent.
- Hold a ten pound dumbbell in each hand, arms at sides, palms facing forward.
- Elbows should be close to sides. Engage abs.
- Bend elbows to bring dumbbells near shoulder level.
- Keep emphasis on biceps by squeezing shoulder blades together to keep them stable.
You may also find of interest...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.