Exercises to Combat Cellulite
One problem area many women have is cellulite in the thigh area and other places. Here are some exercises to perform that will help those cellulite areas.
Lying on your side, do 10 repetitions of each of the following exercises:
Side Lying Exercises
- Bring both knees forward so your hips are at a 90 degree angle. Straighten your top leg out in front of you while maintaining the 90 degree hip placement. Lift the top leg slowly up about three feet off the ground and then lower.
- Straighten both legs so your body is in a straight line. Tilt your hips forward slightly. Lift your top leg about three feet off the ground then lower.
- Put your top leg out in front of you on the ground. Move your bottom leg forward slightly. Lift the bottom leg 8 to 12 inches off the ground and down.
Repeat all three exercises on the other side.
Kneeling Position Exercises
On your elbows and knees, do 10 repetitions of each of the following exercises:
- Extend one leg straight back with your toe on the ground. Lift that leg up to the ceiling and then back down. Switch legs.
- Lift your knee off the floor. Extend that same heel back and up so that your leg is pointing toward the ceiling and then bring the knee back into you. Switch legs.
Standing Position Exercises
From a standing position, do 10 repetitions of the following exercises:
- Start with your feet together. Step out in front of you in a lunge position. Touch the ground with the opposite hand. Come back up and step to the starting position. Switch legs.
- Put one foot on a step or prop that is 12-18 inches high. Slowly step up and down with the other foot. Switch legs.
You can increase the intensity of this workout by going through it more than once or increasing the amount of repetitions.
Three More Exercises to Combat Cellulite
Squat/Calf Raise. Squat, then stand tall, lifting heels to shift weight to balls of feet. Lower to start.
Hip Bridge. Raise hips so knees, hips, and chest are aligned. Hold 3 seconds. Lower to start.
Dumbbell Deadlift. Holding dumbbells, hinge at hips, keeping legs straight. Return to start.
According to research published in Fitness Magazine, 80 percent of woen who worked their major leg muscles three days a week with about 30 minutes of resistance exercise reported some improvement in the appearance of cellulite after six months.
You may also find of interest...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.