Gluten Free Recipe
Lefse is a traditional soft, Norwegian flatbread. There are various ways to make Lefse. This recipe uses fresh potatoes you cook and run through a ricer.
4 cups cooked potatoes, run through a ricer
1/3 cup solid shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cup cream, heated
1 teaspoon sugar
2-1/4 cup gluten free baking mix
Mix together hot potatoes, shortening, cream, sugar and salt.
When cooled, add about one and one-half-cup of the baking mix. Use remaining flour to coat each dollop of dough; roll out as thin as possible and bake on a griddle or a pan until brown. Use corn oil for the griddle.
Serve with fruits, seasoned vegetables or herbed butter with syrup.
- Substitute buttermilk for the cream and add one-teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- One can also increase the sugar to taste and add 1/2-teaspoon vanilla or 1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder. Serve with cinnamon or honey.
You may also like...
- Gluten Free Pioneer Potato Candy
- Gluten Free Twice Baked Potatoes
- Cheesy Potato and Ham Casserole
- Potato-Garbanzo Gnocchis