Gluten Free Recipe
Crispbread is delicious whether you are on a special diet or not. Other flaked grains (oats, wheat, rye, etc.) can be used for variety by those who can eat them.
4 ounces millet flakes
3 ounces maize flakes (or cornflakes)
4 ounces rice flakes
4 ounces buckwheat flakes
2-1/2 ounces linseed
3 ounces sesame seeds
1 ounce sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Put all the above ingredients to soak with enough cold water to easily immerse everything when stirred.
After two hours or more, stir the mixture thoroughly. The consistency should now be like thick porridge. Pour away any superfluous liquid.
Take a flat baking tray and cover with baking parchment. Spread the mixture thinly and evenly over the parchment.
Bake at 310 degrees for 30 minutes.
Slice into rectangles and bake for a further half hour. If it is not quite dry, turn off the heat and leave the crispbread in the oven.
- Add spices such as caraway, and chopped herbs such as rosemary, coriander, basil and stinging nettles.
- For a slightly sweeter crispbread, add desiccated coconut and almonds.
You may also like...
- Gluten Free Amaranth Baking Powder Bread
- Cottage Bread
- Mandelbrot (Almond Bread)
- Gluten Free Foods From Campbell's