Basic Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Gluten Free Recipe
This is a favorite basic scrambled eggs recipe. The secret to perfect eggs is to scrape a flat spoon across the base of the pan, as described below, don't stir the eggs. We have added a few variations. Halve the recipe to serve 2. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and detox friendly.
3/4 cup soy milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or
2 teaspoons light olive oil
Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl. Stir in chives and season well with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook until the mixture begins to set underneath. Use a flat tipped wooden spoon to scrape along base of pan from one side to the other to create 'clouds' of cooked egg. Continue drawing the spoon along base of pan until eggs are almost set (the mixture should be a little unset on top).
Spoon onto gluten-free toast to serve.
Note: Eggs are best cooked just before serving.
- Before cooking the eggs, stir in 3-1/2 ounces chopped smoked salmon, 1 tablespoon drained tiny capers and 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind. Cook as above but it is unnecessary to season with salt as the salmon and capers are salty.
- Before cooking the eggs, stir in 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil and 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves.
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted from The Eat Well Cookbook
You may also like...
- Gluten Free Potato Starch Muffins
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Carrot-Raisin Muffins
- Gluten Free Rice Bran Muffins