Study Tips to Train the Brain
Let’s take a look at some quick study tips that will help you train your brain for all your studies throughout the school year and beyond!
- Brains don’t run on hot air. Eat breakfast.
- Pay attention, don’t get attention. Listen in class.
- Every new word deserves ink. Write facts, words and questions in a notebook.
- Write down assignments, every word. No shortcuts!
- Use down time during the day to read, write or do a math problem. You might be through home work before school is out.
- Get team study spirit! Have a study partner who helps you with one subject and whom you can help with another.
- Stiff necks not allowed! Put books and papers where you can read and write comfortably.
- Yaawwwwn at home, not in school! Relax between classes. Stretch and roll your shoulders and wiggle your feet.
- Snack time! Everybody feels a littleÂ tired about 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Just don’t spoil your appetite for supper.
Speaking of snack time, following is a recipe for Pennant Cookies. A great treat after the big game winÂ and a great comfort afterÂ a big loss…
Pennant Cookies Recipe
Great for the bake sale!
1 (18 ounce) package sugar cookie dough
1 (16 ounce) container white frosting
1 bag M & Ms milk chocolate candies
- Roll out sugar cookie dough and cutout triangle shapes.
- Add a craft stick to the back of each cookie and adhere with a small ball of additional cookie dough.
- Bake according to package directions and let cool.
- Tint frosting to school colors and decorate with M & Ms candies.