Camping Breakfast Recipes
Camping season is almost upon us! For die-hard campers, it never really ends. Following are some delicious recipes to fuel you up for your busy outdoor camping excursions.
Delicious & Hearty Camping Breakfast Recipes
On a 3-day camping trips? Save the remainder of the bacon from these camping breakfast recipes for the next day’s breakfast.
8 slices bacon
1-1/2 cups frozen hash browns
Salt and pepper to taste
6 eggs or 1-1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese
- Cook bacon in heavy skillet until crisp. Remove and crumble bacon. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Slice as much onion as your family likes very thin. Add to the pan with the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to heat and fry until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Beat together eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Pour over browned potatoes in skillet.
- Cook without stirring until mixture begins to set. Using a spatula, lift and fold partially cooked eggs so uncooked egg flows underneath. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes until cooked but not dry.
- Arrange crumbled bacon on top, sprinkle with cheese.
Breakfast Tortilla Wraps
1 tablespoon butter
Cheddar Cheese or American Cheese
Large flour tortillas
- Beat your eggs together with a small amount of milk.
- Melt butter in pan or spray with cooking spray, and add eggs.
- In another pan fry your bacon in strips and drain.
- After the eggs are cooked, add a spoonful or two to each tortillas, someÂ cheese and a strip or two of bacon.
- Roll up the tortillas and eat!
Sausage on a Stick
1 12-ounce package fully cooked smoked sausage links
1 package refrigerated bread sticks
Spear sausage on stick or hotdog fork. Coil one bread stick dough around each sausage link, pinching ends. Rotate slowly until bread is browned.
Pineapple or Apple Pancakes
8 slices canned pineapple
2 large apples
Complete pancake mix (using water)
- Mix up your batch of pancake mix according to the directions and prepare as usual.
- Place one slice pineapple slice OR sliced apples on pan or griddle.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter over slice. Cook on the first side until it starts to bubble on top, then flip and brown the other side.
- Serve with syrup or sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. This is especially good when using apples.
Download Recipes in PDF
You may also like…