What Fruit Servings Equal 100 Calories?
The following list of fruits are servings of each listed fruit that equal 100 calories. Stick to these portion sizes with your fruits and soon you won’t need the list anymore – you’ll know by heart!
100 Calorie Fruit Servings
- 1 medium large apple
- 1 small banana
- 1-1/3 cups blackberries
- 120 blueberries
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe
- 7/8 cup cherries
- 5 roasted chestnuts
- 50 grapes
- 1/4 of 5-1/2-inch honeydew melon
- 1 small papaya
- 2 medium peaches
- 1 medium pear
- 100 raspberries
- 26 strawberries
- Grapes should be plump and firmly attached to a green stem. Good color for type of grape, not faded. Grapes do not ripen off the vine, so be certain that they are ripe when you purchase or pick them. Buy small quantities. When refrigerated, grapes will last five to seven days.
- To ripen fruit, place it in a brown paper bag in a dark place for a few days.
- Pro-chefs swear this is true so here goes! If you slice a banana with a sterling silver knife they will not darken as fast.
- To peel thick-skinned fruits, cut a small amount of peel from top and bottom, set fruit on a cutting board, cut off the peel in strips from top to bottom.
- Get only the best fruits. If you purchased your fruit in a box, or can see the box in the store, check the box it came in to be sure there is a government stamp on it saying, “U.S. Grade No.1” or that they have a USDA stamp.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables in cold water to remove any chemicals. Never soak or store them in water. Vitamins B and C are easily lost. Dry all fruits and vegetables after washing.
Did You Know?
Fruit juices have lost fiber from the fruit. It is better to eat the whole fruit because it contains the added fiber that helps you feel full.