Why great goodness in this Gazpacho Soup?
Because this vegetable laden gazpacho soup is filled to the brim in each bowl with important nutrients we can all use more of.
Those Healthy Vegetables
- Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C. They also contain fairly high amounts of vitamins A and B, potassium , iron and phosphorus. A medium tomato has about as much fiber as a slice of whole-wheat bread and only about 35 calories.
- Cucumbers are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium and potassium.
- Green and red peppers are full of vitamins C and A. They also contain folate. Plus they are high in healthful fiber. Peppers consist mostly of water so the added bonus is they are low in calories.
Look at all that good-for-you nutrition you get from just the first three ingredients! Plus, all three are low in calories. Even the black pepper has health benefits. These health benefits include the array of antioxidants. In addition, they also help reduce inflammation. In fact, black pepper is the foremost detoxifying and anti-aging herb in Asia.
So go ahead and give this gazpacho soup recipe a try! It is truly brimming with vegetables – and nutrients.
Great Goodness Gazpacho Soup Recipe
1 large tomato
2 green peppers
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
1-1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons red vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, peppers, and onion into very small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a large glass or plastic bowl.
- Stir well with a wooden or plastic spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Serving Size: 1-cup. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition information per serving:
- Calories 80
- Total fat 5 gram
- Saturated fat 0.5 grams
- Cholesterol 0 milligrams
- Sodium 330 milligrams
- Protein: 2 grams