This Is One Healthy Fruit Tart Dessert!
A dessert just does not get much healthier than this! Peaches, strawberries, kiwi and seedless grapes team up in this fruit tart dessert. These fruits pack a wallop of nutrients, never mind the sweet, satisfying goodness. This is one you have to taste to totally appreciate.
The fruit tart dessert recipe below makes a nice, large tart for a crowd. Great for Memorial Day celebrations coming up!
Healthy Fruit Tart Dessert Recipe
This succulent fruit tart dessert is ablaze with color. The glaze holds the cornucopia of fruit together.
2 cups Grape-Nuts cereal
1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
2 tablespoons arrowroot
2 cups strawberry-apple juice
3 peaches, sliced
1 pint strawberries, halved
3 kiwis, sliced
30 green seedless grapes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together the cereal and apple juice concentrate. Pat this into a 12-inch nonstick pie pan and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until browned. Let cool before filling.
- Gradually add the arrowroot to 1/2 cup juice. Stir as the arrowroot is added to get a mixture that is lump-free. Pour into a saucepan with the rest of the juice. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly. The liquid will become cloudy, then crystal-like and will then start to boil. Boil for 3 minutes. It should become thicker than honey. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the fruit in an interesting pattern over the cooled pie crust. Pour a thin layer of the fruit juice glaze over it. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Yield: One 12-inch tart (12 servings)
Nutrition information per serving:
- 146 calories
- 0.5 grams total fat
- trace saturated fat
- 0 milligrams cholesterol
For Memorial Day, you may also like…
- Red, White and Blue Berry Crisp
- Fruit Topped Flag Cake
- Red, White and Blue Shortcakes
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie