First things first…
- A drug, broadly speaking, is any substance that, when absorbed into the body of a living organism, alters normal bodily function.
- A substance used to treat an illness, relieve a symptom, or modify a chemical process in the body for a specific purpose; A substance, often addictive, which affects the central nervous system
- …to affect the structure or any function of the body of man
- a supplementary component that improves capability
- Vitamins, minerals, herbs, or other substances taken orally and meant to correct deficiencies in the diet.
Which sounds better for you – drug or supplement? The answer seems pretty obvious – supplement.
Drugs, especially weight loss drugs, are causing untold health problems for people taking them. In Europe, where the government is pushing, pushing, pushing weight loss, they had to withdraw a drug called Rimonabant. One man developed depression so severe he’s still not recovered 2 years later…
From a recent report:
There are many new obesity drugs in the pipeline, though perhaps scared off by the recent debacles – after Rimonabant’s withdrawal, 27 possible obesity drugs lined up for trials were abandoned – drug companies are opting for weight loss products that combine existing drugs.
Reductil was also withdrawn from the market after a study suggested it increased the risk of cardiovascular problems.
Go With Supplements
These reports forget to mention supplements. Why? Because supplements aren’t intertwined with government. The government wants to run health care. They use “health departments” and “experts” they “buy” for reports and recommendations. It’s all about money and control, not your weight, not your health.
Supplements are natural; they do not contain man-made drugs that alter the natural disposition of your body. Period. Just be sure the company manufacturing them doesn’t add fillers and/or additives, has medical approval, and is certified/endorsed by reputable sources and you will find supplements to be far safer and more effective. Recommended supplement for weight loss: