Phytochemical Health Promises
Timeless Nutrition Tip
Vegetables, fruits, nuts, and grains are packed with phytochemicals that promote good-health and fight disease.
- They possess antioxidant properties essential for combating cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- They can regulate hormone levels and prevent harmful effects such as breast tumors.
- They help destroy carcinogens.
- They fight heart disease.
The following tips will turn every meal into a phytochemical fiesta:
- Choose most of the foods you eat from plant sources
- Keep fruits and vegetables on hand at all times--frozen and canned!
- Use the power of produce--reach for juice, not soda or coffee
- Add fresh green herbs to whatever you are cooking
- Variety is key--keep your taste buds interested by varying the manner in which you get your fruit servings.
Your health begins and ends with what you ingest to fuel your muscles and mind.