Smart Ways to Buy and Use Supplements
Timeless Health Tip
A supplement can be the perfect solution to your nutritional and health needs.
This number dwarfs next to the nearly 160,000 negative reactions to over the counter and prescription drugs reported in one year alone.
If you have specific health issues, it's a good idea to check with your doctor before taking any supplement, especially if you're on prescription medication, as some can interact.
Five tips to remember when you purchase your next supplement supply:
- Buy from a reliable source.
- Buy a brand that says "standardized" on the label; this means the product has a fixed percentage of specific compounds.
- Read labels carefully and follow directions for doses, usage, storage and other precautions.
- Tell your doctor which supplements and medications you are taking; interactions could occur.
- If you notice any adverse effects, consult a doctor.