Top 8 Worst Convenience Food Ideas
Timeless Health Tip
8. Beet Jerky (Beet is correct!). This was a bad choice partly because beets are high in sugar - although the sugar they contain is really more about complex carbohydrates than sugar. The reason they weren't all they were pumped up to be was taste - smoked and dried beets just didn't create a taste sensation many were interested in.
7. Pre-Wilted Lettuce. Perhaps you've heard of "wilted salads" Well, an attempt was made to create "pre wilted lettuce" - that went bad quickly. And tasted nasty.
6. Freeze-Dried Twinkies. Twinkies are a popular processed snack - processed being a red flag for starters. Most of the carbohydrates in Twinkies are from refined sugar, making them a bad choice for anyone. Basically, they'll store as fat in your body - quickly. So imagine a processed, sugar laden snack - freeze dried - and you can probably understand why this didn't go over.
5. Individually Wrapped Bacon Bits. Too small! Snack size is one thing but individual bacon bits was a bit extreme!
4. Peel-an-Eel - skinned, oily eels?
3. VisceraWhiz Aerosol Liver 'n' Onions. Consider the definition of "Viscera": the organs in the cavities of the body, especially those in the abdominal cavity. Need we say more?
2. Haggis Helper. Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck', minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach. Not exactly like Hamburger Helper...
1. Corn Dog on a Rope. A little corny but "stick to the stick". People much preferred Corn Dogs on sticks than ropes.
Well, we could give these manufacturers an "E" for effort? Or perhaps a "C" for creative?