Weight Loss Tips Scientifically Proven to Help You
Timeless Fitness Tip
A listing of many weight loss tips scientists have discovered to help you on your weight loss journey.
- Keep a Food and Exercise Diary to track your progress.
- Self monitoring is one of the best strategies for weight loss. It is a concrete way of reviewing and learning from your actions.
- Cut back on too much TV-time and computer time. Decreasing inactivity may be easier than trying to increase activity. Aim for only one hour a day.
- Brown-bag your lunch to control portions. You could lose about ten pounds in a year if you dine or order out just once a week instead of three times a week.
- Eat at least one serving of fruit or vegetable at every meal. It is a great way to eat fewer calories and boost your fiber intake, which helps to fill you up.
- Get support and inspiration, whether from a dietitian, weight loss program, friend, spouse or a resource such as a magazine or cookbook.
- Eat Snacks. To keep your stamina up throughout the day, nutritionists suggest eating small snacks at regular intervals. Limit heavy lunches so you don't get a "food coma" in the afternoon.
- Ingest Energy Boosters. Handy energy boosters include sunflower seeds, oranges, low-fat cheese sticks and vegetable juice.
- Rest your eyes frequently by taking them off your computer screen and putting them on something else - the view out the window, your fake potted plant, cute delivery guy.
- Frequent stretching throughout the day (sit and touch your toes, stand and bend to the side, etc.) will keep you feeling more refreshed.
- Get Enough Liquids. Kill two birds with one stone - we should drink about eight glasses of water a day for good health. And the cool liquid (plus the activity of getting the water) will perk you up.
Weight Training Freebie
Weight train? Download and print our free Weight Training Log. (Will open in a new window.)
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.