Looking for a Quality Gym
Timeless Fitness Tip
We're going to give tips to guide you when you are looking for a quality gym out side the home. You could also consider a home gym option if you have difficulty finding a clean, reasonably priced, well staffed gym to join. Or perhaps you live in a remote area where it isn't always convenient to get to a gym. Weather, time constraints, long drives, etc., can keep even the best away from a formal gym environment.
Having said that however, a home gym is a whole different ball game. For now we're discussing finding a formal gym to join for your exercise needs.
Important questions to ask yourself when looking for a quality gym:
- Does the gym staff have academic and life-experience education regarding weight training? They should at least have some sort of certification.
- Is the gym clean and is the equipment well maintained? Check the seats on benches and machines and make sure they are stable. Make sure the cables do not appear worn.
- Is the air in a gym fresh and well circulated? It should never smell stale or musty.
- Is the temperature of the gym maintained at a level that won't increase the possibility of injuries? Temperatures that are too cold make joint and muscle injuries more likely.
- Does the gym you're considering have any regularly scheduled follow-up evaluations of your progress? It's essential to find out if they offer an initial orientation to equipment you don't know how to use.
- Does the gym have an emergency medical plan in place and are the staff members trained in CPR and first aid in case someone becomes ill or injured?
You may also like...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.