Choosing an Exercise Video
Timeless Fitness Tip
Choosing an exercise video can sometimes be a chore. Have you ever bought an exercise video, turned it on and found it was too hard for your level of fitness?
Or those dance steps on an aerobics video were just impossible to learn right away - or even at all because you have two left feet?
You're not alone! The key is to find the right exercise video for you. And it's not easy what with the many, MANY exercise videos available. But first, start with a positive attitude and look at it as lots of options, rather than a daunting task.
Guidelines for Choosing Your Next Exercise Video
Choosing the correct video can be difficult, but here are some guidelines that may help:
- Look for instructor certification.
- Before buying, rent the exercise video at a video store or borrow it from a friend or library if you can.
- Make sure a store, catalog, or e-store guarantees satisfaction.
- Determine your level of fitness and buy videos at this level.
- Do not get caught up in fad videos with exercises that you are unable to perform.
- Build an exercise video library based on a variety of discs. This will help to eliminate the boredom of repeating the same disc too frequently.
- Combine segments from several different discs. Warm up to one, cardio-exercise to another, cool down to a different one. This allows for a variety of instructors and a choice of your favorite segments.
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.