Mini Cardio Work Outs
Timeless Fitness Tip
Did You Know?
Seventeen-thousand ACE-certified Fitness Professionals were asked to name the one exercise they couldn't do without. The overwhelming winner was the multi-purpose squat, which strengthens all of the major muscles of the lower body.
Even pro's get in a time crunch sometimes and have to lessen their exercise routine from time to time. And sometimes, a mini-workout must suffice.
If you can find just 10 minutes in your day, you can do the following simple mini cardio workouts and burn around 100 calories.
The 10-Minute Quick Cardio Work Outs
Follow this sequence:
- Two minutes of jumping jacks.
- Two minutes of stair step-ups with right foot leading. (Step up with right foot, bring left foot up, step down with right foot, and bring left foot down.)
- Two minutes of jumping rope with both feet.
- Two minutes of stair step-ups with left foot leading.
- Two minutes of jumping rope hopping from foot to foot.
A Second 10 Minute Mini Cardio Workout Option
Have a pair of 5-pound dumbbells laying around? Pick them up and let's go for 10! This mini cadio workout targets your shoulders, back, abs, butt, and legs. Get your cardio and your power sculpting done in one intense, fast workout.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides. Do 4 jumping jacks.
- Stand with feet together, arms by sides. Bend elbows, bringing hands in front of shoulders. Step right foot out to side and lower into a squat, knees bent 90 degrees.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides, palms facing in. Lunge back with right leg, bending both knees 90 degrees.
- A dumbbell in each hand, get into full push up position; place dumbbells on the floor so that palms face each other.
- Lunge left leg forward so that foot lands outside of left hand, knee bent 90 degrees; return to push up.
- Standing with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart, cross dumbbells over each other and hold both with clasped hands in front of hips. (Beginners, use one dumbbell.) Bend elbows to bring weights above right shoulder.
There you are, you've just given your choice of a strength and cardio or for your heart, giving your cardio a great boost and probably energized yourself in the process - once your heavy breathing returns to normal!
You may also like...
- Activity to Lower Blood Pressure - just 10 minute spurts of activity can help lower blood pressure!
- Heart Rate Recovery Test
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.