Timeless Fitness Tip
As mentioned previously, exercising in hot weather puts extra stress on your heart and lungs. If humidity levels are high, your body must deal with added stress because sweat doesn't readily evaporate from your skin, which only pushes your body temperature higher.
You should also avoid the midday sun. Exercise in the morning or evening when it's likely to be cooler outside. If possible, exercise in the shade or in a pool. And this is where the fun can come in...
Try not to let summer heat cramp your workouts. To exercise smart in the heat, practice the following "hot workout" suggestions.
- Drink water or another fluid before you exercise and afterwards. During exercise, try to drink at least six ounces every twenty minutes.
- Consider the humidity - as well as the temperature. With a lot of moisture in the air, your body cannot get rid of heat efficiently by sweating.
- Beat the heat by exercising early in the morning.
- Wear lightweight, loose clothing in a light color to reflect the sun's rays.
Delicious snacks for healthy summer time freezer treats:
- Applesauce freezer pops: Pour flavored or regular applesauce into a plastic mold or small paper cup, insert stick and freeze.
- Frozen yogurt sandwiches: Spread softened frozen yogurt between graham crackers to make "sandwiches." Roll edges in wheat germ. Wrap individually in plastic wrap. Freeze until firm.
- Banana pops: Spread 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter evenly over 2 medium ripe bananas that have been peeled. Cut bananas into bite-size pieces; roll in wheat germ. Place bananas in single layer in a freezer-safe dish; cover and freeze until firm. After they are frozen, you can place them in a freezer bag for more compact storage. Thaw slightly before serving.
You may also find of interest...
- Water Aerobics
- Swimming: The Workout with Splash
- Summertime Fitness Fun
- Refreshing Summertime Desserts
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.