Ten Cool Ways to Burn Calories
Timeless Fitness Tip
Exercising in summer can be bad for you if you do the wrong thing, or over-do anything! Exercising in hot weather puts extra stress on your heart and lungs. If humidity levels are high, your body must deal with added stress because sweat doesn't readily evaporate from your skin, which only pushes your body temperature higher.
You should also avoid the midday sun. Exercise in the morning or evening when it's likely to be cooler outside. If possible, exercise in the shade or in a pool. And this is where the fun can come in...
No sweat with these fun workouts!
Wet workouts are great for the soaring summer temperatures. Following are ten activities and the amount of calories they burn per half-hour.
- Swimming for 30 minutes burns 340 calories.
- Treading water fast for 30 minutes burns 340 calories.
- Jogging in water for 30 minutes burns 272 calories.
- Swimming (crawl and backstroke) for 30 minutes burns 272 calories.
- Running under sprinklers for 30 minutes burns 204 calories.
- Snorkeling for 30 minutes burns 170 calories.
- Walking in water for 30 minutes burns 170 calories.
- Water aerobics for 30 minutes burns 136 calories.
- Jumping waves in the ocean for 30 minutes burns 102 calories.
- Tubing down a river for 30 minutes burns 51 calories.
These amounts are based on a 150-pound person. If you weigh more, you'll burn more calories, if you weigh less, you'll burn less.
You may also find of interest...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.