Is Fighting Fat Pointless?
Timeless Fitness Tip
Is fighting fat pointless? "IF". If good health is the goal, not vanity, determine if you are healthy and go from there. To do this, learn what your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels are first. And, of course, you may want to weigh yourself.
If you blood pressure is at a healthy level, as well as your blood sugar and cholesterol, you should be "good to go".
You may want to see what your weight is and where it stands on the "healthy factor" scale. It's best to check with your physician regarding your weight. However, you can do a quick check now if you'd like using our weight charts.
If those are normal, there is no reason to lose weight. In fact, the health benefits of peeling off pounds may be negligible for those with no current health problems.
A study done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta found that shedding weight had no effect on disease risk and mortality in healthy people.
The key is the word "healthy" - if you have any illnesses attributed to excess weight (heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure), you do need to make every attempt to lose the weight.
Battling Body Bulges
We all get them, so most of us find ourselves battling body bulges. But know that it's not always because of excess body, but the clothing you're putting on your body that cause bulges.
Battling Body Bulges in Women
- Avoid tight fitting undergarments. They can emphasize or even create bulges. Minimize bulges with a lone piece undergarment, such as a slip or body suit with a fitted top or built in bra.
- Add a bright scarf or large jewelry. Accessories can deflect attention from bulges by drawing notice to themselves.
- For a skirt that shows thigh bulges, try tying a large scarf (be sure to coordinate colors!) around your hips. If your skirt buttons down the front, unbutton the bottom one or two buttons. The skirt will fall more gracefully.
Battling Body Bulges in Men
- To cover that paunch, wear full cut rather than form fitting clothes. A loose sweater is good for casual wear. A vest that matches your suit can have a slimming effect.
- Pockets should not have flaps. Pants should have a belt. Stay away from heavy textures, such as nubby tweeds, and sharp color contrasts.
You may also like...
Disclaimer: The material on this Web site is not intended to replace advice from your doctor or fitness professional. Please consult with your physician before beginning any fitness program or fat or weight reduction program. FitnessandFreebies.com takes no responsibility for individual results, or any claim made by a third party.